20th Century Drama Project
Film Analysis - Students chose one of seven influential 20th Century dramas to read: Death of a Salesman, The Glass Menagerie, 12 Angry Men, A Streetcar Named Desire, Inherit the Wind, Our Town, or A Raisin in the Sun. After reading, students watched a film production of the play using their iPads, and they created an online presentation that focused on the film's casting, performance choices, and sets. They used Clips to capture video clips from the film, which could then be analyzed as the film selections played.
Performance Project - Following their film analysis, students then performed some aspect of the play using a method of their choosing. They could choose from several options, each one utilizing technology as a means of spurring creativity:
- A song about the events and themes of the play.
- A podcast interview with one of the main characters.
- A movie trailer that highlights the most significant scenes.
- A video performance of a specific scene.
- An audio drama that uses music and sound effects to enhance a vocal performance.
- A graphic novel illustrating an important scene.