Deadlines for each scholarship are in parentheses.
If your scholarship application requires a transcript, please complete a Transcript Release Form.
If your scholarship application requires a Letter of Recommendation, please give the recommendar at least 2 weeks notice and submit the Letter of Recommendation Form.
Berkshire Hathaway Scholarship Program(Due Date 2/12/21)
Berkshire Hathaway is offering three $1,000 Scholarship(for up to 4 years) to qualified individuals who intend to become a full-time student at a college, university, or trade school for the Fall of 2021.
The senior must reside within the 16 counties of Western PA,
have maintained a 3.0 cumulative GPA and mirror leadership, volunteerism & an overall positive attitude towards life.
Information & applications are available in the Guidance Office
Applications must be submitted via email by 4:00pm on February 12, 2021
The Christina and William Maley Scholarship ( Due Date 01/15/21)
The Christina and William Maley Scholarship Program is published through the Elizabeth Forward High School and through colleges located near the Buena Vista community.
Such colleges include but are not necessarily limited to Westmoreland County Community College and The Pennsylvania State University Greater Allegheny Campus.
Completed Scholarship applications will be reviewed and finalists will be selected based on academic criteria, involvement in extra-curricular activities,essay content and quality, satisfactory work & citizenship history, SAT scores and the recommendations of teachers & counselors.
Applications are available in the Guidance office.
Applications are due to the Guidance Office no later than January 15,2021
To find information and links for several Scholarships!
E.F.E.A 2021 Friends of Education Scholarship(Due Date 4/26/21)
The E.F.E.A Education Scholarship is awarded each year to a deserving student graduating from Elizabeth Forward High School who will enter college to pursue a Bachelor's Degree in Education.
Applications and information are available in the Guidance Office. Applications are to be submitted to your Guidance Counselor by April 26,2021
Honors Grad U! 2021 Design A Better Future Scholarship(Due Date 5/28/21)
Honors Grad U! is offering five $10,000 scholarships again this year
- High school students can participate in a design-thinking community building project:
- Design & work on a community improvement project.
- Optional: Share work for some checkpoint feedback before the final deadline by May 28, 2021.
- Submit final design thinking project application by June 28, 2021.
- There will be up to 5 awardees, each receiving a $10,000 scholarship to the college, university, or trade school of their choice. We will also fund the top project up to $5,000.For more details and information about this scholarship visit :https://www.honorsgradu.com/scholarship/
Kades-Margolis Bert Cameron Scholarship(Due Date 2/1/21)
This $1,000 Scholarship is available to students who plan to pursue a career in PA Public Education & have at least one parent who is a member of the PSEA Western Region.
Applications & information are available in the Guidance Office. Due date is February 1,2021
Rutledge Institute Scholarship, California University of Pennsylvania (Due date 12/15/20)
Rutledge Institute Scholars will benefit from…
Exceptional Educational Opportunities
- Work alongside professional educators in various settings, including the on-campus early childhood education center and local elementary schools.
- Earn a Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.Ed.) in Grades PreK-4 Education, plus Pennsylvania teaching certification and the Integrative STEM Education Endorsement.
- Be a part of a living-learning community to develop collaboration and leadership skills.
- Explore innovations in teaching and learning through enrichment, including research and a three-week summer program.
A Full Scholarship
- Annual scholarship covers the cost of academic tuition and on-campus housing
Criteria for applying to become a Rutledge Institute Scholar can be found on the Cal U website at: www.calu.edu/rutledge. Application forms are also available via the website.
Applications submitted to the program coordinator, Dr. Rebecca Maddas, by December 15, 2020, will receive first consideration for the Fall 2021 semester.
More information is available in the Guidance Office