Studying the social sciences will enable students to make appropriate decisions about social and civic affairs. Social studies education provides students the opportunity to gain and apply historical knowledge and to perform the skills as indicated below.
- Develop critical thinking skills, responsible decision making, competency in problem solving, interpreting data, and differentiating between fact and fiction
- Prepare to participate competently and productively as concerned citizens in today’s society.
- Address the ever- changing global and cultural issues of our world
- Become aware of their roles as citizens in society and prepare to participate actively, competently, and productively
- Utilize literature, community resources, and technology