The PAES lab is a career training program provided to students in our Life Skills program.
PAES® is Training in:
- Basic Generalizable Vocational and Life Skills that relate to most careers.
- Skills needed for vocational training, placement and independent living.
PAES® is Performance Based Assessments of:
- Students Basic Generalizable Work and Life Skills
- Students Work Interest and Preferences
- Students Work Competitiveness
- Students Work Behaviors
PAES® Assessments work with most Levels of Special Education Disabilities, including Non-Readers. PAES® Assessments can also be used for Middle School General Education students.
PAES® is Work Exploration:
- PAES® provides exploration through HANDS-ON experience providing real and meaningful career information and knowledge of what they can do.
PAES® is Work Behavior Development:
- PAES® assesses and trains proper work behaviors, eliminating many barriers to successful job placement.
How Does PAES® Operate?
- PAES® is a hands on Comprehensive Work Development Curriculum that sets up in a typical sized school classroom.
- PAES® operates in a simulated work environment. Students become employees; teachers become supervisors. Strict procedures are followed so students get the feel of real work, at the same time learn and explore new career vocational areas.
- Each area has a comprehensive array of tasks for the students to perform. The instructor monitors the tasks and provides feedback and assistance where needed.
- Students are encouraged to become as independent as possible and are awarded for their progress.
- Students completing PAES® have a thorough knowledge of many job skills and have a better understanding of the real working world.
- A comprehensive report is developed once a student has finished PAES®. This report can easily be used to develop Career Development Plans, School-To-Work Plans, IEPs and Transition Plans.
- PAES® provides the foundation basics for School-To-Work Transition Plans
- PAES® provides students with Real Knowledge that is relevant to their lives. Students are encouraged to become independent problem solvers and develop higher order thinking skills.
- Students who have successfully completed PAES®:
- Know what they are good at doing
- Know where their strengths are
- Know work-related problem solving skills
- Know proper work behavior needed on the job
- Know where they are going
- Know what careers interest them
- When Students finish with PAES® teachers know:
- What skills a student can actually perform
- If students are competitive with the real world
- What type of special assistance will be needed for slow learners, and the physically challenged
- What work behaviors students have and which ones they need to develop
- How to write better transition plans, because vital information is now available
- Complete Curriculum Materials
- On-Site Training
- Complete Business/Marketing Activities Unit
- Complete Consumer/Service Unit
- Complete Construction/Industrial Unit
- Complete Processing/Production Unit
- Optional Complete Computer Technology Unit
- Complete PAES® Behavior Inventory
- Complete Computer Scoring Software
- Applicable Data Collection Forms